We look forward to and are open to submissions. The Wild Hunt’s main field of music is extreme and black metal, but we are open for styles such as neofolk as well.
Label and band relation
Our philosophy is to ‘be good’, meaning that we are not laying hands on musical rights with luring contracts. Instead, we encourage the artists to fully own the rights. Further, we think quality is important. To be greedy about the small details is not what we want to do.
We have no issue working according to a gentleman’s agreement, but are also happy to define a written agreement, or a contract.
- We can state in writing: label responsibilities, band responsibilities and eventual common responsibilities
- We can also state what we will not do do, to avoid misunderstandings
- We do not expect to own the rights to your music
- If possible, we also think it is a good idea to meet in person
Regarding manufacturing, we do listen to your requests and wishes. Among what we value for vinyl manufacturing is listed below:
- Vinyl mastered master
- No regular CD nor in other way compressed source as input for vinyl
- Vinyls should be in polylined inner sleeves, typically a black one
- Vinyl and inner sleeve should be located outside of the outer sleeve / jacket
- The jacket / outer sleeve is not the cheapest one, wobbly jackets are not ok
- If artist wants an insert, for lyrics for example, we include that
- We create hype sticker for the vinyls
CD first versions are usually digipacks and we gladly include a booklet for lyrics and artwork
Our opinion is that the size of the edition should match the demand, i e we want to avoid ‘over-pressing’ and also releasing too small editions (‘under-pressing’).
- The over-pressing will cause prices to drop too low, which is bad for label, band and resellers.
- The ‘under-pressing’ is bad for most involved. It is especially bad for the customers, since they may not get hold of their favorite record at a reasonable price.
You can send us a link or a physical copy, it is up to you. Find means to contact us here. We answer to all submissions and we strive to get back to you pretty quickly.
Looking forward to hear from you! /J.